This distance learning, QQI accredited Effective Leadership course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This flexible QQI Effective Leadership course has been designed with your convenience in mind, allowing you to learn at your own pace, be it from the comfort of your home or during free time at your workplace. The result is a nationally recognised qualification that can contribute significantly to your professional development. The primary goal of this course is to offer learners a golden opportunity to upskill, and to deepen their knowledge, skills, and competence in team leadership within an ELC context. The program is constructed with a balance of theory and practice, enabling you to apply the leadership principles learned in real-world settings effectively. A significant aspect of the course is the identification and development of essential leadership skills and competencies. You’ll be presented with a comprehensive framework, assisting you in identifying these critical attributes and honing them over the course of the program. This focused approach ensures that you emerge from the course as a confident, competent leader, ready to inspire and guide your team.
The course will provide insights into the key stakeholder groups within your organisational setting. Understanding these stakeholders and their interests is crucial to effective leadership, as it helps inform decision-making and strategy development. You will also be guided in developing leadership strategies tailored to managing professional relationships and enhancing communication – a cornerstone of successful leadership. A unique feature of this program is its emphasis on self-reflection. You will be encouraged to reflect on and evaluate your leadership skills, styles, and effectiveness. This introspective process can yield profound insights into your leadership approach and identify areas of strength and potential improvement. Lastly, the course engages learners with Personal Development Planning. This tool is invaluable in fostering continuous growth and improvement, enabling you to chart a path for your future development. It encourages you to set personal and professional goals and devise strategies to achieve them, contributing to your overall effectiveness as a leader.
The practical assignments help reinforce the knowledge gained throughout the course and equips learners with a tangible skill that can be directly applied in their professional life. Our state-of-the-art online platform enables you to upload assessments conveniently and receive prompt online feedback. The eLearning system is accessible from any computer with internet access, ensuring your learning journey is always at your fingertips.
Who should complete this QQI Effective Leadership course?
- Early Childhood Care and Education staff, supervisors or managers.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Effective Leadership and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Major Award Childcare or equivalent.
- You will be required to complete some assessment tasks in a registered childcare setting. You must be either working or have access to registered Early Childhood Care and Education setting where you can complete this (this can be on a voluntary basis).
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course. Learners for whom English is not a first language will be required to provide evidence of meeting a minimum English language and literacy competency of B2 in writing, reading, listening, and speaking on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
Topics covered in this Effective Leadership course
Unit 1: Leadership
Management v leadership
Unit 2: Effective Management
The management process (POLC)
Managing stakeholders in ELC
Unit 3: Developing self and others
Monitoring and Reviewing performance
Performance improvement options
Personal development plans
Unit 4: Reflective Practice
The role of reflection
- This Effective Leadership course is assessed through completion of an assignment and a learner record.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Effective Leadership course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care. For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Effective Leadership within ELC from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.