This one year emergency care personnel course provides students with skills and professional qualifications to pursue a career in the emergency services.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Safety and Health at Work
- Emergency Department Care Skills
- Care Skills
- Exercise & Fitness
- Work Experience
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Word Processing
- People Handling
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Persons Awareness Programme
- First Aid Responder (PHECC)
- Emergency First Responder (EFR)
- MAPA (Management of Actual & Potential Aggression)
- DIFE will facilitate further training as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and the organisation of a Fire Training Week.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Health Services – Course Code: 5M4468.
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
This course qualifies students to apply for careers in the public service as fire and ambulance personnel. There are also employment opportunities with private ambulance and event support companies. The qualifications gained on completion of this course are internationally recognised.
This course also provides common entry to a range of related degree courses in Universities and Institutes of Technology