This course is designed to develop and enhance knowledge and skills in occupational therapy (OT). OT Assistants help people who struggle with day-to-day activities to live a full and independent life. Students may also complete the following: Patient Lifting & Manual Handling First Aid Responder courses in preparation to work in a healthcare setting.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Practice
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Theory
- Care Support
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Human Growth and Development
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Work Experience
- Nursing Theory and Practice
Level 5 QQI certificate – 5M3782.
Graduates may progress into employment as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in a variety of therapy/care settings.
Graduates from this course may gain entry to a range of specialist related degrees courses.