Within this course, the participant will get to look at the options of styles, explore the design process and learn how to develop their own design ideas and presentation from the ‘clients’ brief to presentation. This course includes technical drawing by hand, and practical mood board presentation techniques. By the end of the course, you will have started your interior design portfolio.
Week 1 – 3 Interior design presentation techniques
- Looking at different design styles, and spatial planning. Learn how to take a site survey.
- Technical hand drawing of floorplans and elevations
- Looking at the wide ranges of window, wall, and floor treatments. Learn how to develop 3D perspective drawings.
Week 4 – 5 The design process
- Learn the stages of approaching any interior design project. Show this process with a ‘clients’ brief and start with exploring ideas. Create a mood board.
- Continue to explore your design ideas and the design process in the same ‘clients’ brief.
Week 6 Your own room selection & interior design presentation
- Select a room of your choice within your own home or a friend’s/ family member’s home and begin the design process from the beginning.
- Continue with your own design presentation/portfolio