This beginners art class from Drogheda Institute of Further Education covers some of the techniques listed below.
- Understanding basic drawing techniques such as shape, form, texture and composition.
- Colour theory and the colour wheel, learning about colour mixing and relationships.
- Developing observational skills by working from still life.
- Exploring various drawing mediums: Pencils, pens, charcoals and pastels.
- An introduction to the various painting mediums: Acrylics, gouache and watercolour.
- Creating a finished work of art.