Starting on the 2nd February and running on the following dates: 2nd-4th February and 15th- 17th March
Taking place in the Clybaun hotel Galway
This is a hands on practical course in dry needling for pain management. Dry needling is a fantastic treatment which can be used to effectively aid and improve a wide range of issues for your client. Through this qualification you will develop the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to apply dry needling methods competently to soft tissue injury and pre-existing conditions and will include a range of appropriate dry needling techniques suitable for each area of the body. You will also develop your subjective and objective assessment skills to include clinical reasoning.
This qualification comprises of the following units:
- Understand the history and background of dry needling
- Understand what dry needling is and the needles involved in this treatment
- Understand the effects of dry needling and pathophysiology of trigger pointing
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the nerve.
- Know the precautions to dry needling and managing adverse effects
- Understand common conditions.
- Be able to provide assessment and dry needling treatment of the upper body (shoulder, arm, hand, head and neck muscles)
- Be able to provide assessment and dry needling treatment of the lower body (trunk, abdominal and low back muscles, hip, leg and foot muscles)