The purpose of this course is to prepare project team members and managers to take the Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM® (Certified Associate in Project Management) certification examination. The emphasis is on PMI® (Project Management Institute) best practices for project management across the continuum from predictive through adaptive life cycles as proposed in the 6th edition PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge). The course provides the student with the information required to understand the concepts that will need to be applied in an analytical manner to answer examination situational questions. It is expected that the student will review these lessons and use practice questions and flashcards to finish preparing for the examination.
Our CAPM course provides you with the necessary 23 hours to take your CAPM exam. The CAPM certification validates that project managers have the necessary skills to complete projects on time and within budget. The exam covers the entire project life cycle from initiation and planning through execution, acceptance, support and closure. Project managers are in high demand in the IT industry and are one of the higher paying sectors within IT.
This CAPM course includes the following features:
- Designed in line with the syllabus for the Sixth Edition of the PMBOK (2018).
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this CAPM course?
IT and Business Project Managers.
Project Administrators, Business Analysts and Project Team Leaders.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
There are no entry requirements to complete this course, however, before sitting the PMI examination, you are required to have certain experience requirements which are listed below in the section under Assessment.
Topics covered in this CAPM course
Getting Certified to take the Examination
Techniques for Preparing for and Taking the Examination
Project Management Framework
Project Integration Management
Project Scope Management
Project Schedule Management
Project Cost Management
Project Quality Management
Project Resource Management
Project Communications Management
Project Risk Management
Project Procurement Management
Project Stakeholder Management
Following the completion of the online assessment, you will receive a Certificate in Project Management from the College of Management and IT (CMIT).
Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
You may optionally take exams to receive professional certification.