Quick Reference Guide
Course Level: QQI Level 9 (30 ECTS)
Duration: 1 semester (12 weeks Fulltime) 2 semesters (24 weeks Part Time)
Delivery Method: Blended Learning
Tuition Fees: €1,750
Who is this course for?
The Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management aims to provide participants with advanced knowledge and skills necessary to perform and support others in this emergent area of importance to organisational development and survival.
The programme will introduce learners to critical areas of Leadership, teamwork, the principles of Change Management and an understanding of decision making for graduates who seek to have a more robust understanding of ‘leadership and management roles in work settings.
The programme comprises 20 ECTS and is being offered as a Minor Award. It will supplement existing academic and professional learning among graduates who seek to understand and utilise leadership and change management theories and apply them within work situations to optimise organisational effectiveness. It is intended that this embedded certificate programme in Work-Related Leadership, teamwork & Change Management (20 ECTS) will enable learners to act as well-informed leaders and managers to enhance participation and performance in work-related contexts. This Embedded programme will introduce learners to the centrality of leadership and management as well as understanding the processes associated with strategic decision making within work-related contexts.
The Certificate in Organisational Behaviour & Entrepreneurship is taken over 1 semester on a Full-time basis and 2 semesters on a Part-time basis comprising 20 Credits (ECTS) at level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). The timetable has been structured to optimise the utilisation of hybrid learning. It thus allows the learner to access classes in person or online to allow for a better work/life/study balance.
Managing People in Organisations – 10 ECTs
Leading Change, Teamwork and Managing People – 10 ECTs
The overall aims of the Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management are to:
1) Provide an introductory postgraduate qualification in Work-Related Leadership & Management for graduates who work (or seek to work in) professional Work-Related leadership or management roles.
2) Provide a programme which supports learners to achieve a comprehensive theoretical discourse and understanding of the key principles of Work-Related Leadership & Change Management.
3) Support graduates to develop and apply theoretical knowledge around Leadership & Change Management to work-related contexts.
4) Provide access routes to appropriate Higher Education for participants to specialise, based on their current professional needs, individual professional interests and/or career orientation.
Graduates would be expected to be able to critically evaluate the conceptual and theoretical basis for the application of Work-Related Leadership, teamwork & change management competencies.
Entry Requirements & Selection Criteria
- The Certificate in Work-Related Leadership, Teamwork & Change Management is designed for graduates of a relevant Level 8 programme at a minimum of a 2.2 standard) who wish to engage in further study in this field revavent programmes may include but not limited to designed graduates of psychology and business-related programmes, graduates of Humanities and Human Science such as health sciences, nursing, social care, social work and programmes in cognate areas who wish to expand their knowledge and understanding of the use, effectiveness and appropriateness of the principles of Work-Related Psychology.
- Those who have completed other relevant education programmes or have relevant professional experience etc., where Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) and Acquired Prior Learning (APL) can be applied, may apply for admission to the programme by submission of programme content, qualification and assignments equivalent to an appropriate Second Class Honours (2:2)award at Level 8.
- The minimum English language proficiency requirement for this programme is B2+ in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which is equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.5.
- All pplicants will be required to have a minimum of ordinary-level maths at Leaving Certificate standard or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency in maths at this level.
- All applicants are required to be over 23 years of age.
- All applicants will be required to attend for interview to ascertain their suitability for the Programme.