In many organisations the accountability and responsibility for budget management and control has been cascaded down to individual departments, budget centres and to individual budget-holders. This creates a need for those with the responsibility for these areas to understand the financial arrangements, the process of budgetary preparation, costing systems and budgetary control reports and documents available to assist in managing the budgets. This intensive online course is designed to provide key insights and understandings for accountable budget-holders and those who support them in fulfilling this key role.
Upon completion of this Budgetary Management and Costing course, participants will have:
- a better awareness of the annual budgetary process in organisations;
- a better appreciation of costing systems and their contribution to the budget preparation process;
- a better understanding of the principles underpinning budgetary control reports and variance analysis;
- a greater appreciation of accountability within a devolved budgetary process.
This course will cover the following areas:
- The annual corporate budgetary process
- Costing systems and cost classifications
- The detailed preparation of budgets and the role of key assumptions
- Budgetary control reports and variance analysis
This one-day online course will be delivered over two sessions (9:30-12:30 and 1:00 – 2:30). It will be remotely delivered through MS Teams and facilitated by subject matter experts.
Scheduled Dates are:
- 18 October 2021