This is a one year full-time course which leads to NFQ Level 5 QQI Award in Creative Media
The course will develop the artistic and technical skills that are involved in creating characters, stories and worlds using advanced digital technologies.
Students will learn the fundamentals of digital design, storytelling, animation principles as well as how to build, light and compose animation sequences and stories.
This course is suitable for those who wish to pursue a career in the Animation industry, but who may not have the drawing skills required to pursue a more-traditional Animation course.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate an interest in Animation. It is targeted at students with a specific interest in this sector who are willing to get involved and participate during the college year.
Since places on the course are limited, applicants will be interviewed.
On completion, students will have a strong portfolio of work that will facilitate their progression to a range of advanced courses, including:
- IADT DL847 3D Animation
- NCAD AD222 Interaction Design
- DCU DC133 Multimedia
- MTU MT811 Animation, Visual Effects and Motion Design
- ATU AU617 Animation and Game Design [Galway Campus]
- TUS US802 Animation and Illustration [Athlone Campus]
- TUS US805 Digital Animation [Clonmel Campus]
- 3-Dimensional Computer Graphics
- Computer 3D Modelling and Animation
- Animation Layout Design
- Computer Illustrated Graphics
- Desktop Multimedia Audio Production
- Digital Editing
- Animation Drawing Studies
- Digital Movie Processing