If you want to change direction and work in an office, or need to return to work, then this Diploma will give you the essential, up-to-date skills you need to secure a good administrative job.
Pitman Training helps hundreds of people change careers every year – we know what employers are looking for. This Diploma has been specifically created to help build your confidence and ensure you have the up-to-date skills employers need.
We also understand that flexibility and support are essential. That’s why you can start this Diploma at any time. Our flexible study method also means you can fit your learning around your home commitments. In addition, every Pitman Training centre has Course Advisors, there to provide additional support. Many centres also offer free CV advice and have strong links with local recruitment agencies and employers; all to build your confidence and help you get the job you really want.
The Diploma takes 150 hours flexi-study and there are eight core subjects, plus one elective module with a wide range of choices such as telephone techniques, receptionist skills and health and safety essentials. Core subject areas covered include:
• Typing and keyboard skills – learn to be confident at touch typing
• Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word – learn spreadsheet, database and word processing skills to a good business standard
• Microsoft PowerPoint – become confident in creating slide presentations
• Microsoft Outlook – learn how to share, manage and schedule information electronically
• Business document production – develop skills and understanding of routine and complex business documents necessary for this role
• Communication at work – learn to communicate effectively in an office environment using English language skills for business, body language, dress codes and writing effective emails