QQI Level 5 Component Certificate in Sports, Recreation and Exercise Studies 5M5146
ITEC level 3 Diploma in Yoga Teaching
Recognised for membership by Complementary Therapists Association (CTHA) Yoga Therapy Ireland (YTI)
This Yoga Teaching including Wellbeing and Holistic Studies course is designed to enable the learner to develop the knowledge, confidence and skills to progress and pursue a career as a yoga teacher and a complementary therapist.
This course enables the learner to immerse themselves within the yoga practice while broadening their skill set with complementary and holistic therapeutic approaches and a firm grounding in anatomy and physiology.
“I was hesitant to start studying again at the age of 40, but I found many people on my course were in the exact position as me. It was an amazing year – probably on of the best of my life”
- Programming a Yoga Teaching Session
- Delivering a Yoga Teaching Session
- Exercise and Fitness
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Indian Head massage
Course Features and Facilities
- Holistic workshops and guest speakers delivered by industry experts
- Learners will deliver yoga classes inside and outside of college
- Work experience in a variety of settings
- Fully equipped complementary therapy rooms
- Large mirrored studio with a sprung floor
- Setting up a Yoga Teaching Business
- Setting up in private practice as a Reflexologist and Massage Therapist
- Nutrition Adviser
- Working in the Spa and Leisure Centres and Alternative Therapy Clinics
- Registered job seeker with DSP, receiving either a jobseeker’s payment or signing on for credits or in receipt of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP)
- Recipient of other mean-tested DSP payments
- Adult dependent of DSP (jobseekers or means-tested) payment recipient
- Medical card holder
- Adult with less than Full Leaving Cert level education or equivalent.
Duration: Part Time, September to May – Morning Classes
*BTEI Criteria: The Back to Education Initiative supports people on low income or who have left school with fewer qualifications. The aim of BTEI is to give people an opportunity to combine their learning with family, work and other commitments.
If you are in part time employment and meet at least one of the above eligibility criteria, you are eligible for the course. Evidence of eligibility for free tuition will be required. Where an applicant is not eligible for free tuition, fees will be charged.
For more information on BTEI eligibility please contact [email protected]