This course gives students a detailed understanding of the Tourism Industry in Ireland. It provides learners with the necessary skills to work as cabin crew and passenger service agents, including the use of industry specific IT applications e.g Amadeus. Students will have the opportunity to travel and work abroad through our EU Erasmus+ Programme on a work placement in Europe.
- Airline Studies
- Ready for Takeoff (IAOT Diploma)
- Tourism Principles & Practice
- Tourism Information & Administration
- Global Distribution Systems
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Amadeus Airline Reservations (IAOT Certificate)
- Hotelier Hub (Hotel Reservations), IAOT Cert
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Tourism with Business – 5M5011. International Academy of Travel Certification.
Progression & Career Options
Former students of this course are now working with leading airline companies as ground staff, cabin crew and in other Travel and Tourism related areas.
Students may progress within DIFE to a QQI Level 6 or to a range of related degree courses in Universities and Institutes of Technology