This distance learning, QQI accredited Teamworking course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This course is designed to provide the learner with an understanding of teamworking and will equip learners with competencies needed to participate effectively as a member of a team within a wide range of work environments. This includes an understanding of the stages of team development, their role within a team, delegation, communication and managing team performance.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Teamworking course?
Team Leaders, those looking to move into a supervisory or team leader role, or people who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert, Level 4 award or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland and hold a valid PPS Number.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- Learners must currently be working or have access to an organisation where they will be able to carry out a team activity (this can be on a voluntary basis) to facilitate the assessment requirements for the course.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers in addition to a computer with internet access and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft Word or Google Docs) is required to do the course.
Topics covered in this Teamworking course
Unit 1: Team development
Identifying your team role
Unit 2: Managing team performance
Set performance standards
Define the deliverables
Action plan with deadlines
Managing conflict and disputes
- This Teamworking course is assessed through completion of a Portfolio/Collection of work and a workplace Skills Demonstration.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Teamworking course leads to a Level 5 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 5 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 5 Healthcare Support (5M4339). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component certificate in Teamworking (5N1367) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.