Put environmental management at the heart of your operations to achieve sustainable success.Understand the basics of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems (EMS) with our unrivalled course, designed and delivered by EMS experts to give you an overview of environmental management. This will get you started in achieving best practice in your own organisation. Raise awareness of environment legislation in your organisation and learn how to enhance your business processes in line with EMS standards. Our introduction provides all the environmental management basics for you to build on as learners undertake a step-by-step guide to the requirements of ISO 14001 and how it should be implemented. The course covers the latest 2004 revision of the standard and relevant guidance documents for implementation including ISO 14004: 2004. Sample documentation for ISO 14001 implementation provide a template for trainees tasked with setting up an 14001-based EMS after the course.
On completing this course the participant will:
– Understand the underlying structure of ISO 14001 and all elements of an EMS,
– Be able to identify and evaluate environmental aspects and impacts,
– Have an understanding of environmental legislation,
– Develop environmental objectives, targets and implementation programme,
– Identify appropriate environmental controls,
– Draft relevant EMS documentation,
– Identify relevant performance monitoring approaches,
– Understand internal auditing, corrective and preventive actions.
– Background and introduction to environmental management,
– The PDCA cycle, requirements of ISO 14001 and the EMAS Regulation,
– Initial Environmental Review (IER),
– EMS scope and environmental policy,
– Process flow analysis,
– Environmental issues, impacts and evaluation of aspects,
– Principles of environmental legislation and current legislation,
– Development of environmental objectives, targets and management programme,
– Environmental roles, responsibilities, training and communication,
– EMS documentation and document control,
– Control of operational activities,
– Planning for emergency response,
– Performance monitoring, measurement and compliance evaluation,
– EMS audits and management reviews,
– Role of third party auditors/certification bodies and preparation for certification,
– Key do’s and don’ts.
Case studies, discussions and interactive, problem- based individual and group training exercises are used throughout the course to reinforce delegates’ learning.
Who should attend
This course will be of interest to anyone in the company who is involved in the design, development and implementation of an EMS. The course will also be of interest to environmental auditors and individuals looking to improve their knowledge of good environmental management practice.
This course is also available in-house. We can run in-house courses either at your premises or at a location of your choosing. We also customise our courses according your organisation’s requirements.