This Health and Safety Diploma course is designed to meet the highest standards of working as a health and safety officer in Ireland. A real emphasis on the most current Irish and European Health & Safety legislation make this qualification very relevant to working in Ireland/EU.
Recognition: The level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety is awarded by OTHM qualifications (England) which is a globally recognised awarding body. OTHM qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) which is the regulator in England for further and higher education qualifications. The Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety is recognised on the RQF Regulated qualifications framework to level 6 (England) which is broadly equivalent to a level 7 (Republic of Ireland).
IOSH: This level 6 Diploma is IOSH accredited and graduates are eligible to apply for the prestigious ‘Grad IOSH’ membership.
Progression: OTHM has progression arrangements with several universities that allow you advanced entry into corresponding degree year/top-up and Master’s/top-up programmes.
The Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety course is divided into 7 units:
- Health and safety management principles and policy
- Health and safety management practice
- Risk and Incident Management
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Maintaining a Safe Working Environment
- Health and safety law, regulation and influence
- Development of the health and safety practitioner
What do you get?
- Live online classes recorded for playback purposes
- Access to unique online learning platform
- Unit textbooks and study support guides
- Tutor support and feedback on Assignments
- Access to university research resources and E -textbooks