Is for individuals who are…
Interested in achieving the QQI Nursing Studies Major Award that enables you to apply through the CAO for degree programmes in General Nursing, Mental Health, Intellectual Disability, Children Nursing and Social Care or work as a Qualified Healthcare Assistant.
A Nursing Studies Qualification with the skills, knowledge, and understanding for the role and the responsibilities of the Professional Nurse or work as a Qualified Healthcare Assistant in hospitals, nursing homes, daycare centers or in-home care.
Full-Time Course starts: 15/10/18 Part-Time Course Starts: 22/10/18
Do you want to Become…
01. Achieve the Nursing Studies Major Award
Dorset College is accredited by QQI Quality and Qualifications Ireland so you can feel confident that this Major Award will provide the recognition you need to progress in your chosen field.
02. Make Things Happen
Maximize your career potential as you grow in confidence gaining the skills and knowledge in Nursing Studies that will enable you to progress your career as a Nurse or in Social Care or work as a Qualified Healthcare Assistant.
03. Our Team of Teachers
Learn from a team of highly qualified and experienced teachers who will prepare you for the real-life knowledge and skills needed to promote healthcare in your role as a Healthcare Assistant or in your progression to a career in Nursing or Social Care.
- Leaving Certificate standard or appropriate QQI/FET Qualification or equivalent.
- Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience.
- English Language Proficiency Test where deemed appropriate or an IELTS score of 5.0.
- Work experience: 100 Hours (Mandatory).
Graduates of this course are eligible for consideration for academic progression routes in Nursing and related Health Studies in Universities and Institutes of Technology in Ireland. The following options include:
- Level 8 Bachelor of Science in General Nursing and other specialist Nursing degree courses in D.C.U. and U.C.D and 10 other regional Universities and Institutes
- Nursing Degrees through UCAS Application
- Related QQI/HET Level 8 Degrees include Social Studies in Social Care and Health Promotion and Physical Activity.