Energy use is often the biggest environmental impact that an organisation produces as well as being a significant cost. This ISO 50001 Energy Management Implementation training is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary for developing and implementing an energy management system (EnMS) within your own organisation and to help you to improve energy efficiency and so reduce your energy costs and environmental impacts.
You will be guided from scoping your energy policy and system needs to implementing and monitoring your overall EnMS. You’ll learn how to set the system up in your organisation, identifying the roles and responsibilities involved, and reviewing and improving your current practices so they meet the required standard. Find out how to write policies, establish controls and measure performance to set you on the road to achieving and maintaining ISO 50001 certification.
On completing this course the participant will:
– Know how to develop and implement an ISO 50001-compliant Energy Management System (EnMS),
– Understand the benefits of ISO 50001 to you and your stakeholders,
– Understand all elements of the ISO 50001 standard,
– Identify and describe the roles and responsibilities involved,
– Know how to develop energy policies, carry out energy reviews and develop energy performance indicators (EnPIs),
– Be confident in reviewing and improving your current EnMS,
– Know how to promote a positive ‘energy’ culture,
– Understand how to monitor, measure and analyse your EnMS performance and make improvements,
– Understand the certification process.
The programme consists of the following elements:
– The requirements of the ISO 50001 standard,
– Scoping your EnMS and energy policies,
– Energy planning – review, baselines, EnPIs and target setting,
– Overview of relevant legislation,
– Best practice for energy management,
– Developing EnMs documentation,
– How to systematically improve your organisation’s energy efficiency to cut your energy bills and boost your environmental credentials,
– Overview of internal auditing and certification,
– Understand possibilities for integration of ISO 50001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
You will complete the course with either a draft of your new EnMS-to be or a list of opportunities for improvement of your existing one. Case studies, discussions and interactive, problem-based individual and group training exercises are used throughout the course to reinforce delegates’ learning.
Who should attend
Energy Coordinators and Managers, Plant or Facilities Managers, Quality or Environmental Managers and Energy consultants. The course is also of relevance to anyone: involved in the design, development and implementation of an EnMS or integrated management system; who is responsible for obtaining/maintaining certification to ISO 50001; wanting to become an EnMS auditor; or wishing to reduce their organisation’s energy costs.