Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness and creating an easy decision making, facilitation can make any organisation make better decisions. This workshop will give participants an understanding of what facilitation is all about, as well as some tools that they can use to facilitate small meetings.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
• Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
• Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
• Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
• Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
• Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming, and performing.
• Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
• Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions, and difficult people in groups.
• Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate, and how to implement them.
This is not a tutor-delivered course online.
Instead, we give you online access to the course materials to go through in your own time.
PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO SECURELY BOOK THE COURSE ONLINE: