A professional qualification in Early Learning Care is now required to work in the Early Childhood Care and Education sector. Throughout the course, students will gain experience in the childcare sector through professional practice placement and class participation. On completion, opportunities may arise to work in the public and private sectors with children aged 0-6 years.
This Advanced Level 5 Certificate in Early Learning and Care will provide the student with a professional qualification now required to work in the ELC sector. Throughout this course you will gain an insight into how children learn and develop. It is a practical course, where students will gain experience in the sector through placement and practice their skills on a weekly basis. This award also provides students with the opportunity to progress into higher education and employment.
- Professional Practice Placement in ELC 25 credits
- Children’s Rights, Legislation and Regulation 15 credits
- Holistic Care of Children (Birth to Six Years) 15 credits
- Early Childhood Growth and Development 25 credits
- Curriculum, Play and Creative Studies 25 credits
- Understanding and Assisting Children with Additional Needs 15 credits
QQI Level 5 Professional Award in Early Learning and Care
Graduates progress to employment in range of early education settings across the public and private sector.
Childcare Assistant | Special Needs Assistant | Classroom Assistant | Early Years Educator | Preschool Assistant | Child minding | Afterschool Assistant | Montessori Teacher