Why take this course?
You will learn how to use spreadsheet software correctly and gain a valuable skillset that will enable you to enhance your career options with the ability to contribute to generating significant efficiency savings in business.
Familiarity with the capabilities offered by spreadsheet software, and the ability to leverage such capabilities, is an important tool within a modern business.
What will I study?
This course will teach you how to create, format, analyse and share information in spreadsheets using logical, statistical and mathematical functions. You will also learn how to use the analysis and audit tools, and record and run macros.
- The role of Spreadsheets
- Use of spreadsheets in business; basic capabilities of spreadsheets; terminology associated with spreadsheets.
- Designing Worksheets 1
- Layout of data; commenting within a spreadsheet; auditing of information requirement.
- Designing Worksheets 2
- Protecting cells; hiding cells; formatting cells.
- Getting Data
- Where to get data; importing data from sources; converting data.
- Data Analysis:
- Data cleansing; grouping data; extracting data; simple statistics tests.
- Functions in Spreadsheets:
- Prominent functions; using the formula tab; building functions; automating tasks.