CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers – at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
This comprehensive eLearning course prepares students for the CompTIA CASP+ exam, which covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. It involves applying critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement solutions that map to enterprise drivers while managing risk.
This CompTIA CASP+ course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Topics covered in this CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) course
Module1: Enterprise Security
Identifying security concerns in scenarios
Distinguishing between cryptographic concepts
Securing enterprise storage
Analyzing network security architectures
Troubleshooting security controls for hosts
Differentiating application vulnerabilities
Module 2: Risk Management and Incident Response
Interpreting business and industry influences and risks
Executing risk mitigation planning, strategies and control
Privacy policies and procedures
Conduct incident response and recovery procedures
Module 3: Research, Analysis and Assessment
Determining industry trends impact to the enterprise
Appropriate security document usage
Evaluating scenarios to determine how to secure the enterprise
Conducting an assessment and analysing the results
Module 4: Integrating Computing, Communications and Business Disciplines
Collaborating across diverse business units to achieve security goals
Selecting controls for secure communications
Implementing security across the technology life cycle
Module 5: Technical Integration of Enterprise Components
Securing data following existing security standards
Applying technical deployment models
Integrating storage and applications into the enterprise
Implementing certificate-based and SSO authentication
Applying federation solutions
Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in IT Advanced Security from CMIT.
Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.