This comprehensive CompTIA PenTest+ eLearning course prepares you for the PenTest+ exam. PenTest+ is unique because the certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers. The CompTIA PenTest+ course will ensure the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Plan and scope an assessment.
- Understand legal and compliance requirements.
- Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and techniques
- Analyze the results.
This CompTIA PenTest+ Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features
Who should complete this CompTIA CASP+ course?
- IT Managers, IT Security personnel, Programmers and Developers, IT Security Managers.
- People considering a career in IT Security Management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
None. It is however recommended that students have a minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience or equivalent knowledge.
Topics covered in this CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) course
Module1: Enterprise Security
Identifying security concerns in scenarios
Distinguishing between cryptographic concepts
Securing enterprise storage
Analyzing network security architectures
Troubleshooting security controls for hosts
Differentiating application vulnerabilities
Module 2: Risk Management and Incident Response
Interpreting business and industry influences and risks
Executing risk mitigation planning, strategies and control
Privacy policies and procedures
Conduct incident response and recovery procedures
Module 3: Research, Analysis and Assessment
Determining industry trends impact to the enterprise
Appropriate security document usage
Evaluating scenarios to determine how to secure the enterprise
Conducting an assessment and analysing the results
Module 4: Integrating Computing, Communications and Business Disciplines
Collaborating across diverse business units to achieve security goals
Selecting controls for secure communications
Implementing security across the technology life cycle
Module 5: Technical Integration of Enterprise Components
Securing data following existing security standards
Applying technical deployment models
Integrating storage and applications into the enterprise
Implementing certificate-based and SSO authentication
Applying federation solutions
Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in IT Advanced Security from CMIT.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.