The Car maintenance course will teach you about the routine service requirements of the modern Motor Vehicle, from lubrication and fuel to tyre checks, breaks and coolants. You don’t have to be mechanically minded to benefit from this car maintenance course, and you’ll find you save yourself a lot of hassle and money in the long run.
The course will run over a 10 week period of 2hr classes. The topics covered will be:
- Tyres and windscreen wipers
- Engine lubrication (oil and filter change)
- Engine fuel system (fuel filter change)
- Engine ignition system (spark plugs)
- Car electrical system (battery, lights)
- Engine cooling system (coolant, fan belts)
- Car braking system (brake pads, brake fluid)
- Car steering system and suspension (steering fluid, ball joints and drop links)
NCT preparation and general daily care will also be covered. All you need is yourself.
Course Day & Time: Thursday evening 7.30 -9.30pm
Course Format: In class with tutor
Duration: 10 weeks – Maximum of 12 students in class
Note: This course is not intended to replace a mechanic servicing your car. It is for those who want a better understanding of how their car works and carry out some basic tasks.
Enrolment: You can enrol online by clicking on the Enrol here Easy Payments Plus button. Enrolment will open on the 2nd of August
Tutor: Bart Nannery