This social studies and psychology course provides an introduction to the theoretical and practical aspects of Social Studies and Social Care. Learners also gain an understanding of the complexity of contemporary social issues, equality, diversity and social values.
- Social Studies
- Understanding Mental Health
- Human Growth and Development
- Care Provision and Practice
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
- People Handling
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Persons Awareness Programme
- Infection Prevention & Control
QQI Level 5 award in Community Health Services – 5M4468.
Graduates will have a nationally recognised qualification enabling them to seek employment in the caring services, youth, family and community work. The vast majority of students completing this course progress to social and health related degree courses.