Apply online at www.dunboynecollege.ie
What is Airline Studies?
This one-year course is designed to prepare students for all aspects of the
growing tourism sector in Ireland. This course provides students with the
necessary skills to take up employment in the tourism industry or in the
travel area as members of Airline Cabin Crew and Travel Consultancy.
The course also includes a unique Cabin Crew Course, accredited by
International Academy of Travel (IAOT). This course also gives students
the possibility to be selected for an Erasmus exchange.
The following tourism modules will be offered in 2019 subject to
availability and demand:
• Tourism Information and Administration
• Tourism Principles and Practice • Airline Studies
• Ready for Take Off Diploma • Word Processing
• Customer Service • Work Experience
• Marketing • Business Administration
• Travel Agency Service Skills • Safety and Health at Work
• Reception and Frontline Office Skills
• Global Distribution Systems
• Ready for Take Off Diploma* (This is an option on this course)
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Tourism or Business. Ready for Take-off and
Amadeus qualifications validated by the International Academy of Travel.
This qualification can be used to progress to certificate and degree
programmes in IT colleges or universities in business or tourism.
Alternatively, graduates may seek immediate employment in a range of
airline, tourism or marketing concerns. The Tourism and Business option
will allow students to progress to colleges like DIT, IT Tallaght, UCC,
NUIG (Shannon) for tourism and travel as well as other colleges for
business certificates and degrees. Students may also apply for any of the
colleges listed under Business.
Higher Education Progression
NUIG: GY261 Business Studies in International Hotel Management
(Shannon) (Level 8, 4 Years)
UCC: CK203 Business Information Systems (Level 8, 4 Years)
DIT: DT406 Tourism Management (Level 7, 3 Years)
Leaving Cert or LCA • Mature students of all backgrounds • Other
equivalent qualification • Apply directly at www.dunboynecollege.ie
• All applicants will be interviewed regardless of previous qualifications