What is Airline Studies?
This one-year course is designed to prepare students for all aspects of the growing tourism sector in Ireland. This course provides students with the necessary skills to take up employment in the tourism industry or in the travel area as members of Airline Cabin Crew and Travel Consultancy.
The course also includes a unique Cabin Crew Course, accredited by International Academy of Travel (IAOT). This course also gives students the possibility to be selected for an Erasmus exchange.
The following tourism modules will be offered in 2019 subject to
availability and demand:
- Tourism Information and Administration
- Tourism Principles and Practice
- Airline Studies
- Ready for Take Off Diploma
- Word Processing
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
- Business Administration
- Travel Agency Service Skills
- Safety and Health at Work
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills
- Global Distribution Systems
- Ready for Take Off Diploma* (This is an option on this course)
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Tourism or Business. Ready for Take-off and Amadeus qualifications validated by the International Academy of Travel.
This qualification can be used to progress to certificate and degree programmes in IT colleges or universities in business or tourism. Alternatively, graduates may seek immediate employment in a range of airline, tourism or marketing concerns. The Tourism and Business option will allow students to progress to colleges like DIT, IT Tallaght, UCC, NUIG (Shannon) for tourism and travel as well as other colleges for business certificates and degrees. Students may also apply for any of the colleges listed under Business.
Higher Education Progression
- NUIG: GY261 Business Studies in International Hotel Management
(Shannon) (Level 8, 4 Years)
- UCC: CK203 Business Information Systems (Level 8, 4 Years)
- DIT: DT406 Tourism Management (Level 7, 3 Years)
- Leaving Cert or LCA
- Mature students of all backgrounds
- Other equivalent qualification
All applicants will be interviewed regardless of previous qualifications