This live online course covers nutrients and the digestive system, weight control, and management, diets for various populations.
By fully understanding these components you can advise your clients on how to achieve amazing results. This course will enable students to advise clients on their eating habits to make small adjustments to their body weight and composition. This course does not enable students to advise any clients that have any underlying medical conditions or obese clients; this advice must be given by a fully qualified Dietician.
Module 1 PFS NUTRITION INTRODUCTION®
- Macronutrients: Protein, Fat and Carbohydrates. We will look at the structure of the macronutrients, their functions, digestion, sources and how they contribute of a healthy diet
- The Digestive System: Optimisation and common conditions that can disrupt digestion.
- Calories: Their role in a healthy diet.
Module 2 PFS FITNESS SUPPLEMENTATION®
- Micronutrients: Vitamins and Minerals and supplementation
- ‘Superfoods’: Explore foods, herbs and spices are particularly beneficial for health
- Fluid and Hydration: The importance of hydration for health and performance
- Ergogenic Aids: Explore supplements can enhance performance
Module 3 PFS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT®
- Energy requirements: Knowing your calories and exploring the usefulness of tracking.
- Over and Under Nutrition: Explore biological responses to over and under feeding.
- Diets: What they all have in common for weight management.
- Healthy Eating Guidelines: Impact of macronutrients and micronutrients on weight management.
Module 4 PFS NUTRITION FOR SPECIFIC GROUPS®
- Heart Disease
- Older persons
- Fertility Optimisation
- Nutrition for Performance
- Working with Clients