Zoology is one field that many people wish to enter since childhood. Let ICI's zoo keeper/zoology course make that dream come true as you complete the following units:
1. Breeding Animals
- Cross and Pure Breeding
2. Animal Diseases and Diagnoses
- Types of Diseases
- Diagnosing Diseases
3. Vertebrate Zoology
- The Animal Kingdom
- Classification and Characteristics of Animals
4. Animal Behaviour and Psychology
- Social Behaviour
- Instinct, Training and Handling
5. Animal Health Care
- Health Care Facilities
- Common Health Issues
- First Aid
6. Zoo Keeping
- Enclosures and Holding Facilities
- Animal Husbandry
- Working in a Zoo
Employment opportunities aren't many for aspiring zoo keepers and soon as vacancy is announced, competition can be stiff. Hence, you need studies and training that will let you gain an advantage over other applicants.
A zoo keeper's duties typically include care and maintenance of animals such as food preparation and keeping enclosures clean and safe. Oftentimes, they are required to make detailed observations as well as assist in capturing and restraining animals. Keeping records is usually part of the job too.
Aside from becoming a zoo keeper, the course can also pave way for jobs like VET assistant and wild life officer. You can also work for animal hospitals and day care centers, impound centers and protection agencies. Specialized animal management areas and exotic animals are often handled by specialist zoo keepers.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
- Free up valuable time, don't wast time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Study a course that was designed in consultation with the industry
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as andeuro;28 per week
How to obtain more information and apply?
For more information about this course please enquire via the enquiry form now.
Click here to view other Animal Care courses