Waste Management Level 1
The Waste Management course is targeted at Waste team leaders who are trained in a discipline other than waste management such as engineers, facilities managers and operations managers. At the end of this course each learner will be able to confidently undertake waste management activities for their department or organisation.
Portobello Institute Diploma in Waste Management
Entry to this course is by direct application to the college. There are no previous academic requirements.
This course runs 1 evening per week over 10 weeks.
1. Identify the purpose of a waste management programme
2. Define the categories of waste, including hazardous, potentially hazardous, and non-hazardous (EWC)
3. Understand the purpose for regulating waste and which regulatory standards apply to waste management
4. Use specific criteria for determining if waste generated should be classified as hazardous
5. Identify the container, labeling and storage requirements for waste
6. Understand the purpose of the waste hierarchy and evaluating appropriate disposal options
7. Identify transportation and disposal requirements for hazardous and non-hazardous waste
8. Implement proper management and disposal procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
Click here to view other Environmental courses