On completing this course the participant will:
- Understand the registration, assessment, documentation, notification and authorisation processes of REACH and CLP,
- Understand how CLP fits together with REACH and other downstream legislation,
- Understand criteria for substance classification,
- Understand the responsibilities of actors in supply chains and articles suppliers,
- Understand the responsibility of communication through the supply chain (including relabelling and updating of SDS),
- Know where to access additional information sources,
- Have drafted an action plan for implementation in their organisation.
- Overview of main features of REACH, CLP and GHS and their interaction,
- Understanding the role of users in REACH,
- Identifying chemical uses and regulatory obligations under REACH,
- CLP implementation of the GHS and its impact,
- Supply chain communication – up and down stream,
- SVHC and Candidate List responsibilities,
- Commercial considerations and registration numbers,
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and exposure scenarios,
- Authorisation / restrictions,
- User obligations and options,
- CLP hazard classes, categories, CandL notification and SDS revision,
- Information sources.
Case studies, discussions and interactive, problem-based individual and group training exercises are used to reinforce delegates’ learning.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone involved with an organisation’s chemicals policy, chemical management or chemical risk assessment.
Click here to view other Health and Safety courses