Eurodesk Ireland and Léargas are inviting youth workers, guidance counsellors, career professionals and everyone working with young people to join them at the “Time To Move” event on 11 October 2016 in Dublin Castle. This is a one-day national event, celebrating the Europe-wide Eurodesk campaign “Time To Move”. The campaign promotes mobility opportunities for young people in Europe. The event will bring those in the Youth sector together to:
- Discuss benefits and challenges of youth mobility in the current context in Ireland and in Europe
- Meet and network with organisations interested in supporting young people in their mobility projects
- Find out about opportunities for young people to work, train, study and volunteer in Europe
Educators and youth workers can come and join the discussion, attend the workshops and gather useful information for education options in the EU.
The programme includes the following:
- Eurodesk Ireland will be launching the new European Voluntary Service video, comprised of interviews with Irish volunteers
- Guest speakers on the day will be Mary Cunningham (National Youth Council of Ireland), Hilary Tierney (National University of Ireland, Maynooth), Helen Walmsley (Voluntary Service International) and Michael Ward (ex-EVS volunteer with Youth Work Ireland Galway)
- Discussion will be moderated by Patrick Burke (Youth Work Ireland)
- The day will also include an information fair and workshops.
- This event is a joint initiative of Eurodesk Ireland, Youth Information Services, Europe Direct Information Centres and Spunout, in cooperation with Euroguidance. The event is free of charge, but places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further details and to register click here