Autumn is largely associated with the return to school. Many of us remember the apprehension of giving up our freedom enjoyed during Summer holidays to return to school corridors and routines. If your school days are behind you, it might be time to replace those experiences with more positive ones. September and October are jam-packed with exciting opportunities to sign up to new learning experiences with many evening courses and part time classes on offer throughout the country.
Attending a part-time evening course is a great way to enhance a CV, to socialise and make friends, as well as learn something completely new. The abundance of courses available means that there is something to suit everyone.
The following are just a sample of what’s on offer around the country:
– CMI (Communications and Management Institute) in Dublin, offers evening courses in everything from Fashion Buying and Merchandising to a Diploma in Criminal Forensic Psychology. There are also courses in Management and Team Leadership, as well as a Diploma in Addiction Studies.
– Pitman Training offer a large variety of job specific courses to enhance or kick-start career opportunities. With a range of courses on offer at your local centre such as; Management, Medical and Secretarial Diplomas, IT courses and Diplomas, Sage and Accounting Diplomas, plus Audio Typing and Shorthand courses. Pitman Training have locations all over the country in: Carlow, Cork, Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Limerick, Maynooth, Mullingar, Naas, Sligo, Swords, Tralee, Waterford and Wexford.
– St Louis Community School in Kiltimagh are offering a range of part time and evening courses in the areas of childcare, hair and beauty and fitness.
– IADT (Dun Laighaire Institute of Art Design and Technology) specialises in creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship and has a range of part-time evening certificate courses on offer, such as Certificate in Citizenship and Society, Certificate in Enterprise Development and Certificate in Creative Writing.
– NUI Galway offers a range of certified part-time courses, including the evening certificate course in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Classes are held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 7pm-10pm and coursework includes fifty hours of supervised teaching practice.
– PCI College is based in Dublin city but offers training in the field of counselling and psychotherapy in other locations including; Cork City, County Dublin, Kilkenny, Limerick City and Athlone. Courses provided include a Bsc (Hons) in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Postgraduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Counselling and Psychotherapy and an MA in Integrative Counselling.
– Malahide Community School in Dublin, offers part-time evening courses in subjects including French and computers as well as yoga and ballroom dancing. The classes run on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7.30pm- 9.30pm.
– The Sandford Language Institute in South County Dublin offers language courses for all levels. Dutch, Chinese, Arabic, Russian and Italian are just some of the languages available to study in the institute.
– Dorset College in Dublin, offers a selection of courses including an ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business, a CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Management and level 6 course in Leadership (Supervisory Management and Leadership).
For more information on part-time evening course options, view our Part Time and Evening Course Listings on Findacourse.ie. To view articles and other information view our Evening Courses Information Feature on Findacourse.ie.