During this Fetac 6 integrated skills development programme you will gain an understanding of conflict resolution and mediation theory as it applies to workplace environments and develop core mediation skills and strategies for managing and resolving conflict.
During this course you will learn about the dynamics of conflict, gain an understanding of your own conflict style and preferences, and learn about negotiation and the key concepts and principles of mediation. Throughout the programme you will explore the reality of effective conflict management through role play, case studies and interactive activities.
What you will gain
On completion of this seven-day training and successful outcome to the MII certified assessment, you will be eligible to register with The Mediators' Institute of Ireland (The MII), the professional institute for mediators in Ireland, as an accredited mediator.
People interested in training as Mediators and who wish to achieve a nationally accredited and internationally recognised certification in mediation.
- To deepen theoretical understanding of mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- To understand the process of mediation and the skills associated with the different stages of mediation
- To build the requisite knowledge, capacity and skills for effective mediation
- To raise awareness of personal biases and assumptions and their significance in mediation / conflict management
- To demonstrate knowledge and application of ethical guidelines and principles in mediation
- To actively promote participant learning and reflexivity
- To understand the importance of supervision in developing competence and confidence.
Click here to view other Legal courses