Auditing your energy management system (EnMS) and identifying non-conformances and improvement opportunities is essential in ensuring its effectiveness. Becoming an internal auditor will help you get the skills to review and improve an energy management system as per the requirements of the international standard ISO 50001.
This two-day training course is designed for auditors who wish to gain an understanding of ISO 50001 and to develop the skills necessary to become an internal Energy Management System auditor.
It will help participants to gain practical auditing knowledge and confidence to review or carry out internal energy management system audits. This in turn will enable them to further reduce their company’s energy use, costs and carbon emissions.
On completing this course the participant will:
- Understand best practice for energy management and the requirements of ISO 50001,
- Know how to develop an energy management system and conduct an internal audit,
- Acquire the knowledge to improve your company’s energy efficiency.
The programme consists of the following elements:
- Introduction to ISO 50001 Energy Management System,
- Differences and similarities between ISO 50001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001,
- Detailed analysis of ISO 50001 Energy Management standard clauses,
- Practical exercises, review and analysis of sample documentation from different aspects of the ISO 50001 standard,
- Planning and performing an ISO 50001 audit:
-> Executing an audit
-> Conducting effective interviews
-> Gathering and evaluating audit evidence
-> Reaching audit conclusions and reporting audit findings
-> Practical exercises for conducting the audit from planning to reporting
-> Use of ISO 50001 checklists and questionnaires.
Interactive exercises maximise delegate learning and participation and review of sample documentation familiarises them with EnMS requirements.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit to:
- Energy Coordinators and Managers,
- Plant or Facilities Managers,
- Quality or Environmental Managers,
- Energy consultants.
Or also to any persons:
- Involved in design, development and implementation of an EnMS or integrated management system,
- Responsible for obtaining/maintaining certification to ISO 50001,
- Interested in becoming an EnMS auditor.
All our courses are available in-house. We can run in-house courses either at your premises or at a location of your choosing. We also customise our courses according your organisation’s requirements.
Click here to view other Environmental courses