ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is applicable to all organisations performing tests or calibrations, including first-, second- or third-party laboratories aiming to develop their management system and have their competence accredited. This ISO 17025 Internal Auditor course begins by explain the requirements of ISO 17025 which broadly has two sections - section 4.0 (general requirements) to establish a quality management system, and section 5.0 (technical requirements) to demonstrate the technical competence to produce technically valid test or calibration results. It then focuses on auditing to equip delegates to perform an internal audit of a laboratory management system, assess and report on its degree of compliance and determine its effectiveness or otherwise.
- Understand the underlying structure of ISO 17025:2005 and all elements of a Laboratory Quality Management System (LMS),
- Learn how to coordinate a quality management system audit based on ISO/IEC 17025 requirements,
- Be able to plan, prepare, conduct and report a laboratory audit using internal laboratory procedures and processes.
Course programme (what will you learn?)
ISO 17025 general (system) requirements:
- Organisation and management system,
- Documentation (manual and supporting procedures) and records,
- Service to the customers
- Control of nonconforming work and complaints,
- Internal audit, corrective and preventive actions,
- Management review.
ISO 17025 technical requirements:
- Selection of test and calibration methods and method validation,
- Equipment calibration and maintenance,
- Traceability to SI,
- Sample preparation and handling,
- Quality control,
- Test and calibration reports.
Internal Audits of a Laboratory:
- Audit Preparation – Planning, creating checklists / work documents,
- Gathering Evidence – Interviewing/reviewing documents,
- Reporting – evaluating findings and report writing.
Who should attend?
All laboratory or quality professionals who are involved in developing, establishing and maintaining an ISO 17025 Quality Management System. This may include laboratory managers, quality personnel, technical staff, consultants, and auditors of all types who want or need to learn better audit practices and an appreciation for the technical demands of ISO/IEC 17025.
Click here to view other Science courses