On completing this course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the underlying structure of ISO 17025 and all elements of a Laboratory Quality Management System (LMS),
- Explain the purpose of and intent of the ISO/IEC 17025:2005,
- Develop an implementation plan to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005,
- Draft relevant LMS documentation,
- Identify relevant performance monitoring approaches,
- Understand importance of internal auditing, corrective and preventive actions.
- History and introduction to quality management,
- PDCA cycle, principles and application of quality control,
- Advantages of laboratory accreditation,
- The general and technical requirements and scope of the EN ISO/IEC 17025 General Requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories,
- What the laboratory must address to implement a Laboratory Management System (LMS) and these requirements,
- LMS scope and policy,
- Development of LMS Quality Plan(s),
- How to write a Laboratory Quality Manual and Procedures,
- How to set up a Calibration System,
- The Validation of test methods,
- QMS documentation and document control,
- Setting up a Laboratory Quality Control Programme,
- How to monitor and continually improve quality control processes,
- Internal audits and management reviews,
- Role of third party auditors/certification bodies and preparation for certification.
Case studies, discussions and interactive, problem-based individual and group training exercises are used throughout the course to reinforce delegates’ learning.
Who should attend
Laboratory Managers, Supervisors, Analysts, and Technicians, Document Controllers and Internal Auditors who wish to increase their understanding of laboratory accreditation or implement a laboratory quality system in their laboratory.
All our courses are available in-house. We can run in-house courses either at your premises or at a location of your choosing. We also customise our courses according your organisation’s requirements. Check out all our in-house courses at the links below.
Click here to view other Science courses