Managing your energy is key to improving your energy performance but energy is often very low on the list of management priorities in spite of frequently constituting a large cost for organisations. In fact, reducing your energy consumption does not just lead to financial savings but also reduces emissions of greenhouse gases, improves control and understanding of processes, improves environmental management performance and an organisation’s brand and reputation with its stakeholders.
This course is designed to raise delegates’ awareness of energy consumption within their businesses, highlight areas where energy cost savings can be achieved and translate these into action plans and improved processes. This is done by looking at the different elements which contribute to overall energy bills to ensure a comprehensive approach to energy auditing to identify all opportunities for improvement.
On completing this course the participant will:
- Understand energy, its forms and benefits of reducing energy consumption,
- Review energy usage for your organisation,
- Generate energy-saving ideas and energy management plans,
- Know how to improve energy efficiency and maintain it,
- Understand how to improve your environmental performance with your energy usage.
- Overview of energy and energy use in buildings,
- Energy management
- Office equipment
- Ventilation and air conditioning etc.
- Purchasing energy
- Energy efficiency targets and savings,
- Renewable energies,
- Motivating employees,
- How to carry out an energy audit and report for your business
Interactive exercises, case study videos and sample documentation related to different clauses are reviewed to maximise delegate learning and participation.
Who should attend
This course will be useful for anyone from a facilities, maintenance, environmental, technical, engineering, procurement, purchasing background who requires an understanding of energy usage in their organisation.
Click here to view other Environmental courses