Zeminar is a social enterprise created to bring all those invested in the development and well-being of young people in Ireland to one place. It is an event for ‘Generation Z’, particularly those aged between 15 and 20, and their parents, teachers, mentors and coaches. RDS – Dublin, October 10th, 11th, 12th 2017.
Zeminar aims at facilitating the introduction of young people to some of the best and most innovative organisations in the country. Throughout the event there will be workshops, influential speakers, essential resources and fun activities. Attendees will leave the event with new knowledge to help them live happier, safer, and more fulfilling lives.
The first Seminar event in 2016 saw almost 15,000 people visit the RDS over 3 days for 41 workshops, 75 Z-Series talks and over 100 exhibitors. Zeminar 2017 will take place in the RDS Oct 10th-12th.
Zeminer will showcase over 125 participants including; Foroige, PwC, Jigsaw, Bank of Ireland, Seo Linn, Youth Reach, WIT, BIMM, Irish Red Cross, High Hopes Choir, DIT, Badminton Ireland, RNLI, NUI Maynooth and many more..
While the career aspect will be covered, it will represent just 1 of 8 designated zones, setting Zeminar apart from the traditional careers fair. According to research conducted by Headstrong.ie, anxiety, stress, sleep issues, cyberbullying and isolation are some of the difficulties hindering academic and personal growth today. These factors in conjunction with fast-moving technology, academic pressures, unhealthy diets and ever-changing career options present an increasingly complex and challenging environment for young people to navigate.
Zeminar will give attendees the chance to explore the above, discuss career opportunities, hear from inspirational speakers such as The O’Donovan Brother, The Rubberbandits, Sr Stan to name but a few, and discover invaluable tools to assist them on their educational journey.
The 8 designated zones at the event are listed below;
- Main Stage – Amazing speakers sharing their stories.
- Youth Org United – Local and National Youth Organisations.
- Well-Being Gym – Learn how to look after one’s Mind, Body & Soul. This zone will feature interactive content aimed at encouraging attendees to explore and develop their personal toolkit in terms of mental, physical & spiritual welfare.
- Club Corner – Discover new sports and hobbies.
- CEO –BOSS IT! Careers, Exams & Opportunities – Not like any other careers fair the ethos of this event is dynamic and interactive. Organisations that exhibit here will not be simply handing out free paraphernalia but displaying what it’s like to actually work or study in their environment.
- Activation Zone – Spectacular exhibitors captivating your imagination. An open book for exhibitors with one strict caveat: It cannot be passive! It must be an engaging concept that will leave attendees with something thoughtprovoking, inspirational, relevant and practical.
- Teachers’ Lounge –Teachers, we will look after you! A Zeminar all on its own containing tailored content provided in a relaxed and collaborative environment. Main stage contributors will also present in this area, modifying their content for the other side of the desk.
- The Social Scene – Eat, meet & have lots of fun.
For more information visit www.zeminar.ie