With the summer sun beaming down (albeit intermittently) and free time in abundance for many students, the need arises for activities to pass the time. Options include part time work, travel, volunteering or education activities. Summer Camps are one such activity and there are a number of them taking bookings for the weeks ahead. See below for some upcoming summer camps taking place around the country..
- The Institute of Art, Design and Technology in Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin are running a range of short term Summer courses starting in June. The courses are from 1 to three weeks in duration, depending on the subject. More details available at https://www.iadt.ie.
- UCC Summer School operates on UCC campus from 19th June until 4th August for teenagers between 12 and 16 years old. Students will undertake four different modules during the week under the guidance of our qualified module instructors. More details at http://societies.ucc.ie/summercamp/
- Anyone 4 Science was established in 2005 to provide fun hands-on science and engineering activities for children and teenagers. The teen camps for 2017 start on 12th June & will be running between the times 9.30am – 2.30pm, Monday to Friday. More information at https://anyone4science.com/camps/
- Maynooth Summer School are running a range of camps starting on Monday 12th to Friday 16th June, 9am to 4pm daily. More information can be found at http://events.maynoothuniversity.ie/summer-school/
- NUI Galway is holding a series of Summer Schools for students interested in studying at university. This is an excellent opportunity for prospective students to get a real taste of university life and to enjoy a wide range of hands-on practical activities. More information available at https://www.nuigalway.ie/summer-schools/
- University of Limerick are hosting a Nursing and Midwifery Summer School. A fun and interactive two day camp suitable for post-junior cert, transition and fifth year students, where they can iscover more about Nursing and Midwifery as career choices. More info at http://www.nm.ul.ie/
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology will hold an exciting Computing Summer Camp for secondary school students throughout Donegal. Three Computing Summer Camps will take place from the 26th to the 29th of June. More information online at http://www.lyit.ie/computingsummercamp/
- Cork Institute of Technology are hosting the CIT Enterprise Camp where 60 young entrepreneurs in Cork City and County will learn entrepreneurial skills over a 5 day period. Application deadline is 12th June and more information can be gotten at http://www.cit.ie/industryliaison.studententrepreneurship.student-entrepreneurship-suppo.cit-enterprise-camp
- The Entrepreneurial & Innovation Summer Camp at AIT Summer School will be held on campus at Athlone Institute of Technology, 19th – 23rd June 2017, from 9:30am to 4:30 pm. More information available at https://www.ait.ie/future-students/ait-summer-school
There are other summer camps and activities running in many education institutes nationwide, so if none of the above matches your requirements, why not contact your local colleges and training providers to find out if they have something similar in your area.
For more events and open days view the Education Events Page on Findacourse.ie.