The course is designed to equip you with essential knowledge to strengthen and develop your management skills.
This course is perfect for you if you want to become or are new to or have no formal training for a Supervisor / Team-Leader / Manager role and would like to update your communication, motivation and leadership skills.
It is suitable for a wide variety of organisations and you get an internationally recognised certificate at Level 6.
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor / line manager / team leader
- Develop the skills required to lead and manage a team effectively
- Prepare departmental budgets and effective staff rostering
- Manage the recruitment process and legal obligations of staff recruitment
- Identify the main provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
- Create work procedures and record management
- Conduct effective performance appraisals
- Recognise best practices in the training and development of staff.
- Role of the Supervisor
- Communicating Effectively
- Building and Engaging Effective Teams
- Leadership Styles
- Motivating others
- Managing Conflict and Assertiveness
- Training in new staff
- Budget Planning
- Time Management / Personal Effectiveness
- Delegation in Supervisory Management
- Employment Legislation Review
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management/Appraisals
- Data Protection
Award: QQI Level 6 – Supervisory Management