Are you looking to develop a career working in the community?
If so, Building Futures is an exciting programme designed to help participants develop a career using their life experiences and skills.
The Building Futures programme is a QQI accredited programme with participants working towards a level 5 major award in Community Development. This course includes workplace internships which will draw on your life experiences to enable you to become community workers, peer educators, support workers and mentors. Building Futures is a yearlong full time programme and has been designed for those who would like to pursue a career working in the community sector.
- Community Arts Context and Practice
- Community Development Practice
- Personal Effectiveness
- Social Studies
- Understanding Community Development
- Work Experience
- Working with Groups
In addition to the above modules, participants on the programme are also given the opportunity to do:
- Mental Health First Aid
- COVID Compliance Officer
- Fire warden Training
- First Aid Responder – PHECC Certified
- Health and Safety At Work
- Introduction to Addiction Studies
- Introduction to Restorative Practice
- Manual Handling for Employees
- Experiencing unemployment?
- In receipt of a social welfare payment?
- In and out of work regularly?
- Moving on from a scheme (C.E., J.I., C.S.P. or similar)?
- Have good communication skills?
- Reasonable literacy and I.T. skills?
- Like working with people?
- Speak English fluently?
If so, then you may have what it takes to become a Community Worker.
There is no cost to participate on the Building Futures programme. While training you will receive an ETB training allowance, meal allowance, travel allowance, childcare allowance under NCS and your secondary social welfare payments should not be affected.
Contact the INOU Training Section on 01-2678760 or [email protected] for further information.
Participation in Building Futures should not affect your Social Welfare payments.
ETB (Formerly FÁS/VEC) training allowances apply to this course.