The B.A in Counselling Skills and Psychotherapy Studies (NFQ level 7) is delivered by the Irish College of Humanities and Applied Sciences (ICHAS) and is available on a part-time basis over a three year period. This course is a leading academically based professional programme for those wishing to pursue a career in the field of counselling. It is highly interactive and it has been designed primarily for those who want to study to become competent professional practitioners in counselling related areas. The programme is taught using a combination of classroom based and blended learning techniques. This allows the learner to access classes in person or using on-line facilities. In certain modules attendance may be a requirement.
• Students will gain practical experience on all aspects of counselling which can later be applied both personally and professionally
• Students will learn key life skills including the value of respect and genuineness, listening and understanding communication
• Blended learning techniques allow the learner to access certain classes via on-line facilities
• Small class sizes ensure that you get the one-on-one attention needed to perfect your counselling skills
• Graduates have the option to progress to our BA (Hons level 8) in Counselling Skills and Psychotherapy Studies
It is expected that the minimum educational entry requirements for counselling will be set at Honours Degree Level 8 NFQ and that entry to the practice of Psychotherapy will require a minimum qualification level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications.