The BA in Counselling Skills and Addiction Studies is available on a part-time basis over a three-year period. The course is aimed at those interested in developing the skills required by the National Strategy to help improve addiction services and support those who are striving towards recovery.
• Students will gain a firm understanding of addiction and its affects on society, and develop practical counselling techniques to deal with situations.
• Students will learn key life skills including the value of respect and genuineness and listening and understanding communication.
• Students will benefit from enhanced future employment prospects owing to the Government’s decision to proceed with statutory regulation of counselling and psychotherapy.
• Blended learning techniques allow the learner to access certain classes via on-line facilities.
• Graduates have the option to progress to BA (Hons) in Counselling Skills and Addiction Studies