Medical Secretaries are hightly skilled individuals who are always in high demand by employers. Completing this course will help you gain a job as a Medical Secretary, it will give you a qualification that will help to progress your career. Possible areas to work will be in a GP practice, Clinic, for a Consultant or in the HSE.
Subjects covered on this course include:
- Medical Terminology
- Audio Transcription
- Medical Case Management
- Medical Filing Systems
- Customer Care
- Medical Reports & Forms
- Medical Departments
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Develop an awareness of the importance of communicating accurate information in a medical environment.
- Recognise the need for understanding commonly used medical terms.
- Demonstrate ability to spell medical terms and expand recognised medical abbreviations.
- Develop good organisational skills.
- Transcribe from recorded speech dictation, operating a word processing application to acceptable business standards.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in responding to the medical profession and the public on matters relating to health issues.
- Read and transcribe variable quality manuscript and drafts containing medical material.
- Improve communication skills in dealing with medical personnel and patients.
Accreditation: QQI Level 5 Medical Terminology 5N2428