Legal Administration Secretarial Skills
Starting Monday 24th February Mornings or Evenings
Legal secretaries are specialised administrators that are in very high demand in the current jobs market.
This is an extremely important role in a legal firm. You will be in charge of providing support to a partner, solicitor, or multiple solicitors. This is a varied and busy role. In smaller firms, you can gain general experience in different aspects of the law, while in larger firms you will tend to be working in a specific area.
Subjects Covered on this Course Include:
Legal Terminology Audio Transcription
Filing Systems Legal Case Management
Legal Reports & Forms Confidentiality
Diary Management Customer Care
Irish Legal System
Learners on this course will acquire:
Focused client service approach
Familarity with Case Management
General understanding of Irish Legal System
Familiarity with language, procedures and documents related to law
Appreciation of the importance of confidentiality in all legal communications & business transactions
This course will prepare you for employment in a Legal firm, Commercial or Industrial company, as well as the public service. It is ideal for those wishing to achieve a high level of knowledge and excellent proficiency in Legal Administration Skills. Applicants must have prior administration experience. Commitment and motivation is essential.
Medical Administration Secretarial Skills
Starting Wednesday 26th February Mornings or Evenings
Medical Secretaries are hightly skilled individuals who are always in high demand by employers. Completing this course will help you gain a job as a Medical Secretary, it will give you a qualification that will help to progress your career. Possible areas to work will be in a GP practice, Clinic, for a Consultant or in the HSE.
Subjects covered on this course include:
- Medical Terminology
- Audio Transcription
- Medical Case Management
- Medical Filing Systems
- Customer Care
- Medical Reports & Forms
- Medical Departments
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Develop an awareness of the importance of communicating accurate information in a medical environment.
- Recognise the need for understanding commonly used medical terms.
- Demonstrate ability to spell medical terms and expand recognised medical abbreviations.
- Develop good organisational skills.
- Transcribe from recorded speech dictation, operating a word processing application to acceptable business standards.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in responding to the medical profession and the public on matters relating to health issues.
- Read and transcribe variable quality manuscript and drafts containing medical material.
- Improve communication skills in dealing with medical personnel and patients.
Accreditation: QQI Level 5 Medical Terminology 5N2428