Medical Administration Secretarial Skills
We will be delivering this course over online remote learning tutorials
Medical Secretaries are hightly skilled individuals who are always in high demand by employers. Completing this course will help you gain a job as a Medical Secretary, it will give you a qualification that will help to progress your career. Possible areas to work will be in a GP practice, Clinic, for a Consultant or in the HSE.
Subjects covered on this course include:
- Medical Terminology
- Audio Transcription
- Medical Case Management
- Medical Filing Systems
- Customer Care
- Medical Reports & Forms
- Medical Departments
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Develop an awareness of the importance of communicating accurate information in a medical environment.
- Recognise the need for understanding commonly used medical terms.
- Demonstrate ability to spell medical terms and expand recognised medical abbreviations.
- Develop good organisational skills.
- Transcribe from recorded speech dictation, operating a word processing application to acceptable business standards.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in responding to the medical profession and the public on matters relating to health issues.
- Read and transcribe variable quality manuscript and drafts containing medical material.
- Improve communication skills in dealing with medical personnel and patients.
Accreditation: QQI Level 5 Medical Terminology 5N2428