The Management Diploma is one of a range of Pitman Training diplomas specially designed for newly promoted managers, team leaders, those looking for promotion or individuals wanting to broaden their opportunities.
The diploma offers an overview of business structures and finance, as well as detail on core principles. It will help you become confident in understanding the real function and nature of management.
Our Management Diploma lasts 150 hours flexi-study and is a self-study diploma so that you can learn at times and a pace to suit your existing commitments. Every Pitman Training centre also has Course Advisors, so there is always additional support on hand should you feel it necessary. The diploma comprises ten core subjects:
• Introduction to Business Structure and Law – learn about different types of businesses and terms relating to business, AGMs and EGMs, roles and responsibilities of shareholders, directors and the company secretary
• Understanding Business Accounts – will help you understand how to read and interpret business accounts
• Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook – you will be equipped with essential skills in these key software packages, ensuring competency to a good business standard
• Time Management – discover the techniques for getting more done in less time and increasing personal effectiveness
• Personalities, Profiles and Plans – will help you gain insights into how team members respond and examine various learning styles as well as goal-setting
• Communications in an Organisation – key areas include understanding what gets in the way of effective communication; different types of information; finding and using the right information within an organisation
• Different Leadership Attributes and Skills – examine different styles of leadership and find out what type of leader you are. Explore emotional intelligence and how it can help you in the workplace
In addition to the core subject areas you also have a choice of two additional courses from a wide range such as Go Get That Job or HR, PR and marketing modules. Your course advisor will be able to help you decide which subjects are most appropriate for your needs.