ITEC LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA SPORTS MASSAGE
On successful completion of this fantastic internationally recognised qualification, therapists will be fully qualified to work with sports teams, professional competitive and amateur athletes, along with leisure clubs and centres.
This is an excellent qualification for those new to the sports and leisure industry with no previous qualifications necessary. It is also an excellent additional qualification for those already qualified as Personal Trainers. If already holding a Personal Trainer qualification, the ITEC Level 5 Diploma in Sports Massage will immediately open the doors to you to expand your career further with the added benefits to your resume as a Sports Massage therapist, therefore giving you more knowledge and having further services to offer your clients. This is especially beneficial when working with sports teams and athletes.
Course Syllabus Includes:
* Understand and explain the changes that occur during exercise to the muscular system.
* Understand and explain the effects of stress on muscles during sport.
* Understand and explain the principles of training.
* Understand and explain over training.
* Understand the principles of force and motion.
* Understand and explain the principles of injury prevention and management.
* Understand and explain the stages of the healing process and the possible treatments available.
* Understand the preventative and rehabilitative training to reinforce massage treatments.
* Understand the effects and benefits of stretching.
* Understand and explain the signs and symptoms of inflammation.
* Understand and explain scar tissue.
* Understand and explain the effects of massage on muscle and other soft tissue.
* Understand, explain and demonstrate the classical massage movements.
* Understand, explain and demonstrate sports massage techniques according to the clients condition and needs.
* Understand and explain specific Sports Massage techniques.
* Understand, explain in detail and demonstrate the common sports injuries that can be treated after medical approval
This course runs every Monday for 14 weeks (Starts 10th Feb. 2020).
Mondays: 10am – 5pm Sprint College, Templeogue Tennis Club, Templeogue Village, Dublin 6
Course Fees: €1,550 Please note that there are no hidden costs. Fees include all books, notes, exams/assessments and tuition.
Deposit: A €300 non-refundable deposit is required to hold a place on this course.
Early Booking Discount: Pay in full 8 weeks prior to course start date and receive €100 off total fees.
Easy Payment Plan: €300 deposit, plus 3 instalments of €435 (€1605 in total). Fees must be paid in full prior to sitting exams/assessments
Government grants may be available for this course depending on individual circumstances. For further information on this contact your local Development Office and/or Social Welfare Office. Our ITEC courses are a part of the National Qualification Framework, which is a requirement for funding
Office: Sprint College, The Plaza, Pearse Street, Gorey, Co.Wexford.
Course runs subject to minimum numbers.