Innovation and Collaboration for Growth is a seminar series that provides insights into what it takes at personal, organisational and sectoral level to deliver on the Our Public Service 2020 goals.
The Institute of Public Administration (IPA) is delighted to announce the continuation of this seminar series aimed at Senior Public Sector Leaders. Building on our 2019 series and resulting from a co-creation exercise, we present below an exciting mix of topics, contributors and angles to the innovation and collaboration theme for 2020.
Innovation and Collaboration are at the heart of developing more cost effective, personalised and responsive public services as set out in Our Public Service 2020. Public Service Leaders need to ensure they have the capabilities to drive collaboration and innovation across organisations and sectors. We know that better ideas and improved outcomes come through collaboration but it is difficult to generate fresh thinking and improved services to deliver better results.
Therefore, this seminar series offers participants, over a number of seminars, an opportunity to focus on:
- Building a more open and collaborative mindset – to challenge own thinking to better understand the impact we have on shaping collaborative and innovative practices in our organisations;
- Identifying the requisite skillset – to create zones of innovation and collaboration in organisations to engage others;
- Expanding use of your toolset – to be able to scale your capability in others to build a collaborative and innovative culture to help achieve better growth and performance in organisations.
Each seminar provides insights into what it takes at a personal level to work innovatively and collaboratively and how to scale up this capability to grow innovative and collaborative organisational cultures and practices.
Seminars for 2020 include:
- Seminar One: Collaborative Leadership Conversations: 19 February 2020
- Seminar Two: Managing Collaborative Relationships: 12 March 2020
- Seminar Three: Creative Thinking: 26 March 2020
- Seminar Four: Creativity in Collaborative Teams: 14 May 2020
- Seminar Five: Mastering Resilience for Collaboration & Innovation: 20 May 2020
Seminar formats will vary according to the topic and we will integrate case examples, visiting speakers and input from participants to complement the IPA experience in this area, as a way to stimulate fresh thinking and build a cohort of effective practice in the public sector.