Course Duration This is a one year, course running over 3 days from September to May. Award Successful completion of the Introduction to Hairdressing, will result in a QQI Level 5 Award in Hairdressing, 5M3351.
Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied with exemptions granted to mature applicants. Entry is subject to interview
- Communications – Students will learn a variety of communication skills.
- Work Experience – students are required to secure work experience one day per week in a salon. In addition in the work experience class students will be introduced to key themes within the world of work.
- Hairdressing Theory & Practice – This module will introduce students to hairdressing as a career enabling students to become proficient in basic hairdressing skills and to equip them with the underpinning theoretical knowledge.
- Hairdressing Science – This subject will equip students with an understanding of the scientific principles underlying hairdressing.
- Customer Service – this key subject will provide students with the knowledge and skills to work as a front line representative in any organisation and is especially relevant to working in a salon.
- Safety & Health at Work – this will provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment
- Reception & Front Line Office Skills – this will provide the opportunity to develop the essential reception and front line office skills need in any modern working environment