Is for individuals who are…
Interested in achieving the QQI Early Childhood Care and Education Major Award and become a highly skilled professional leading others and coordinating the provision of a quality early childhood care and education environment which promotes children’s well-being, development, and learning.
An ECCE Qualification offering career and academic opportunities enabling you to apply for degree programmes in childcare, health, and education or work in a variety of childcare facilities – day care nursery, crèche, pre-school / after school setting or with families.
01. Achieve the Early Childhood Care and Education Award
Dorset College is accredited by QQI Quality and Qualifications Ireland, so you can feel confident that this Major Award will provide the recognition you need to progress in your chosen field.
02. Make Things Happen
Maximise your career potential as you grow in confidence gaining the skills and knowledge in the Supervision of an Early Childhood Care and Education setting and progress to Higher Education programmes in this field.
03. Our Team Of Teachers
Learn from a team of highly qualified and experienced teachers; their dedication and commitment to excellence will ensure that learners are guided on their journey; supported to develop professionalism in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education and equipped with all relevant skills/knowledge.
Enroll today and gain a valuable QQI Qualification
- Leaving Certificate standard or appropriate QQI/FET Level 4/5 Qualification or equivalent
- Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience
- English Language Proficiency Test where deemed appropriate or an IELTS score of 5.0
Work experience of 100 Hours is Mandatory.
- QQI/FET Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 Major Award (6M2007).
- Awarded by: QQI Quality & Qualifications Ireland.
- Dorset College Certificate in Manual Handling.
- Total Credit Value for this Award is 120 (15 Credits per Module).