The CIPD Foundation Certificate in Human Resources Practice is designed for those who want specialist Human Resource Management (HRM) knowledge combined with practical skills development. Successful completion of the programme will give participants an IPA Certificate in Human Resource Management Practice and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Foundation Level Certificate in Human Resources Practice.
A key feature of this programme is that it is highly practical allowing participants’ ample opportunity to acquire and practice new skills. This programme will specifically address key HRM challenges in the public, private and not for profit sectors of employment.
On successful completion of the programme, participants will automatically become CIPD Associate Members (Assoc CIPD). This is the first level of CIPD professional membership and is awarded to people who have the skill and knowledge needed to make a significant supporting contribution, and deliver excellent results in the workplace.
Successful completion of this programme allows entry onto the CIPD Foundation Diploma In Human Resource Practice.
Who Should Attend?
This Certificate is ideally suited to:
– Staff who have recently moved into the field of Human Resource Management
– Line Managers and Supervisors to whom HRM responsibility has been devolved
– Staff eager to update their HRM knowledge and skills
– Those wishing to pursue a career in Human Resource Management
– Those wishing to pursue CIPD Membership.
The overall objective of this certificate programme is to help participants develop as effective HRM practitioners and utilise the key skills required in this specialist area. At the end of the programme participants will have:
– A greater awareness of the organisational context of HRM
– An understanding of the key issues that impact on HRM
– Practiced and developed, under expert guidance, a range of skills relevant to HRM
– Increased their knowledge of the legal, economic, environmental, social, technological and labour related developments that impact on the HRM field.
This Certificate programme covers the following areas:
– Organisational Context of the HRM Function
– Key Personal Skills/Competencies for HRM Practitioners
– HR Role and Responsibilities of Line Managers
– Models of HRM in the Civil, Public, Private and Not for Profit Sectors
– Recording, Analysing and Utilising Information
– Performance Development and Reward Management
– Human Resource Planning
– Recruitment and Selection Policies and Procedures and Skills in Recruitment and Selection Interviewing
– The Public Appointments Service – its role and services
– Induction and Probation
– Employee Relations
– Employment Law
Delivery, Duration and Location
The course is delivered by way of a blended learning design. Participants will be provided with access to workbooks, learning sets, podcasts, videos and an interactive web site and will be required to attend a minimum of 10 days of workshops over the period October 2020 to May 2021.
Attendance at the action learning set meetings is a central requirement if participants are to maximise their opportunities for learning. These meetings are to be scheduled by members of the action learning set to take place for 3 hours each between each Unit Workshop – 6 in total. Most employers recognise the value of these meetings in the blended approach to programme delivery and allow participants time for travel to and attend at such meetings.
Participants will be assigned an individual tutor who will support the participants as they progress through the programme. Participants will be required to have an email address and internet access. Workshops will take place at the Institute of Public Administration in Dublin.
Early booking is recommended to secure a place on this popular course.
Accreditation and Assessment
The Certificate in HR Practice is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). There is no written examination for this programme. Assessment is by means of unit assignments, a combination of which are written and skills based and subject to classroom / workshop verification and assessment.
While studying for ‘Foundation Level Certificate in Human Resource Practice’ participants must join as student members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). On successful completion of the CIPD Foundation Level Certificate in Human Resource Practice participants will automatically become Associate Members of the CIPD. On attaining Associate membership status participants will be entitled to use the “Assoc CIPD” designation.